Friday, March 2, 2012

I need to wear an apron to work

So, I work childcare at a gym three mornings a week. I absolutely love this gym and working childcare lets me get my kid fix without a life-changing decision and gets me a free gym membership that I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.

Sometimes, working with children doesn't go as planned. Wait, scratch that. Working with children never goes as planned. This morning the G man, who is just over a year and still really unsteady on his feet, fell over and hit his face on a toy he was carrying. Of course, I scoop him up into a big hug. A few minutes later, I discover that his nose and mouth have been bleeding onto and through my light yellow shirt onto my tank top. Thankfully, I think babies are super cute or I would have been mad.

I have dodged spit-up, slobber, snot, and blood at this job. I have the sicknesses to prove it. I am seriously contemplating an apron or overshirt to wear. I mean, everyone there already thinks I am the cray-cray baby-whisperer.

BTW, why is MTV playing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory right now? I mean, I'm not complaining because I love this movie. It just seems like a mis-match.

No comments:

Post a Comment